This year’s prompt is especially fun and challenging. Use the following photo (courtesy of our very own Mary Denman) as your inspiration for:
• A piece of fiction (Who’s there? Who’s not? Why or why not? What’s happening?)
• A devotion (Does this scene bring to mind a lesson, principle, word of encouragement?)
• A piece of creative nonfiction, personal narrative or essay. (Does the photo elicit a mood, emotion, or memory of a time in your life when . . .? Does it suggest an idea you want to explore?)
Unleash your creative self in any way you want (no poetry though, please). The contest is open to Cross N Pen members. Winners and prizes will be announced at the December meeting.
- 700 words or fewer,
- 12 pt. font
- Times New Roman font style
- double-spaced lines
- Put the title, genre, word count, and your name in the top left corner.
Entries will be judged on creative response, well-crafted content, and general mechanics.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 1.